About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Machu Picchu {One of 7 Wonders of World}


Friday May 25, 2007



Stayed in a hostel in Aguas Calientes last night. We left at around 5am and arrived at Machu Picchu at 6:10am, hours before the tourist buses get there. To walk, you must climb 1000 steps straight up the mountain. A task hard enough by itself but leaving my water at the breakfast table made it a bit more difficult. The view was spectacular especially since we were the only ones there at the beginning. Just us and the llamas. About 7:30 the clouds rolled in and Machu Picchu essentially disappeared for about 2 hours. About 10 am it cleared up again. I walked to the Sun Gate and the Inka bridge which both are an additional 1 hr walk each. After lunch I walked down the 1000 steps {all to save $3}, caught the train to Ollantaytambo and then switched to the bus to Cuzco. We got back about 7:30 pm. Later that night I met up with all of the group at the Irish Pub and we closed it down. Great day.






































No comments: