About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Iquitos and Yellow Rose of Texas








Thursday June 7, 2007

Talked to Exploroma about 4 night/5 day Amazon trip and they wanted $832. Finally found a local tourist company who offered me a 6 night/7 day trip without the luxury accomodations for $360. I went to a restaurant I had read about in the Lonely Planet guide that had great American food, The Yellow Rose of Texas. Gerald, the owner, is originally from Thibadeaux, Louisiana but moved to Texas when he was a young boy. He has been in Iquitos for about 30 yrs he said. Good food, great looking waitresses and is open 24 hrs a day. Mostly visited by tourists.

No comments: