About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Monday, September 3, 2007

Butterfly Farm and Sanctuary


Wednesday June 13, 2007

Back in Iquitos and decided to go to Butterfly Farm and animal sanctuary. I caught a boat down the river a few kilometers and found my way to the site. A woman from Austria had moved here 20 years ago and began the Butterfly Farm which breeds butterflies in their natural habitat. She also has accumulated monkeys, alligators, parrots, a tapir, a jaguar and even an anteater. The woman told me that a parrot fell into the small pond and that the alligators ate it. She said the parrot fell into the pond because the monkeys like to sneak up behind them and pull out their tail feathers.








































































































2 comments:

Gledwood said...

Fantastic photos!
Some of your other stuff came up on Blogger Play... so I thought I would say hi as I came driftin' on past...
All the best to you!
from

Gledwood
"Vol 2"....

Bill Passman said...

I hope to finish my Nepal blog tomorrow. All my blogs are listed in my Complete Profile. Nice that someone appreciates the pictures.