About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Chivay {base for Colca Canyon}



























Monday June 4, 2007

I took the bus early on a tour from Arequipa to Chivay which would be our base to visit the Colca Canyon and see the Andean Condors. The first picture is of Acuna grazing on the plains. The Acuna are the official animal of Peru, not the Llama. Good jeopardy question. Our vehicle broke down on the way for 1.5 hrs but we finally made it. The uninvited alpaca keep licking the bottom of our roadside table. We finally looked and saw he was licking gum stuck to the bottom of the table. I met two great Canadian girls, Alex and Kylie, with whom I spent the night partying at the local Irish Pub {yes they had an Irish Pub in Chivay} even though it is very small. At dinner, we saw Peruvian folk dancing and had good meal.

No comments: